Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Business Trip Wrap-Up

Thursday was our last day in Greensboro and there wasn't very much left to do as the RD's spent most of the day re-arranging the floor layout side and putting their final touches on things before the photographer shot the final lay out. Since there wasn't a whole lot to do we spent more of the time working individually on our projects only taking a break to go on another DC offices visit right before lunch. Rusty didn't want to keep us any longer as there wasn't a whole lot there for us to do other than work on our projects so he let us take the rest of the day off and return to Raleigh.

Overall, I had an excellent time on our lab visit. The two things that stuck out most to me from the entire weekend was how close the Polo group was. Everyone was very accepting of us as interns and quickly included us in the jokes and conversation at dinner and in the lab. Rusty and Cynthia told us in the initial interviews as well as on several other occasions how close everyone was but I had no idea that they were this close. The second thing that stood out to me was the first class treatment that we all received on behalf of Rusty and Polo. As this was my first business trip I was not at all expecting the level of hospitality that we were shown the entire weekend. The only reason why the actual work that we did in the lab was not one of the bright portions of the trip was because Catherine and Megan and I had talked the weeks after the first lab week and I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. However, it was still and awesome experience.

Total hours: 70 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment