The day-by-day of a supply chain undergrads experiences in the retail jungle that is also known as Polo Ralph Lauren
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
My First Business Trip
Tuesday morning the interns and I arrived in Greensboro, North Carolina for our lab week. This is my first official business trip (although we have called Frisbee tournaments in the past "business trips") thus far in my professional life. Tuesday started out by meeting the other interns, Rusty, and Tony at the lab in the DC. There were several Regional Directors there as well that I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet because I missed the last lab week. Anyway, today at the lab we started by unpacking some of the items for the fall line to be released in August as well as took inventory for everything that was brought up to the lab. We also had the pleasure to sit in on a meeting between all the RD's and Brett Banks in which they discussed different layouts, merchandising schemes, and color combinations to incorporate with the new directives. This portion of the day I found extremely interesting. We finished working at 7 and all went to dinner together. The destination tonight was Lucky 32's. Most of the RD's sat at a table together allowing the interns, Rusty, and Tony to sit together and discuss the happenings of the day. Upon returning to the hotel, I was astonished. I hadn't imagined us staying in a hotel this nice; it truly was an awesome experience that got me excited about beginning my professional career soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment